Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Raining Cats...and More Cats!

Literally!

Ever since I got to Bomi I have heard noises above the ceiling in my room. And no, I’m not going crazy, this has been without a doubt some living animal above me while I sleep. I tried not to think about it and just chalk it up to Africa.

I didn’t hear any squeaks, cries, or yelps, just something stirring and moving about. It almost sounded like cats to me. But come on, cats in the ceiling? We do have two cats that live around the property on mice patrol, however, and I am currently in the process of befriending and training one.

As it turns out, this morning one of the guys went up into the ceiling and found a litter of kittens up there. There were four of them. So they were brought down and set up in a place where the mother can find them. Apparently this isn’t the first time she has given birth up there.

So I was right all along. It seems that another mystery has been solved. In retrospect, the whole course of events from the point of view of the cats was simple and direct, although to us, who had no means in the beginning of knowing the motives and actions and could only learn part of the facts, it all appeared exceedingly complex (I just finished reading Sherlock Holmes, The Hound of the Baskervilles).

Anyway, maybe now I can get a peaceful night’s sleep…

-Dan
written 06/27/11

No comments:

Post a Comment