Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Babysitter's Club


Tonight I was accosted. The perpetrator is still at large.

The night started innocently enough. I was reading in a chair, sitting down at the time. My feet were propped up. I believe I was facing due northeast. Then she walked in. I think she was about 2-3 feet tall. Green dress. Toothy grin. She hopped right into my lap with a magazine in tow. She told me to read. I refused. I told her, in the best Dad impression that I could muster, to “read the words—the words are your friends.” She did not take that well.

I did everything my self-defense class teacher told me to, with no avail. What followed was madness. I can still hear her laughing, laughing into my ear. Laughing when she grabbed my “funny” hair. Laughing when I threw her out the door and she came running back in through my legs.

I don’t remember much else. It was all fairly traumatic. I’m peering out my window now, fearful. I can still hear her. She's out there, somewhere...laughing.

The perpetrator is still at large.

-Bob
written in fear on 06/27/11

1 comment:

  1. May the Lord give you His peace! "accosted" sound familiar... jajajajajajajajajaja. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete