Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa!

I know that I must do what’s right,
as sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti.


And it would not be right to blog a whole summer in Africa and not mention this song at least once. And seeing that tomorrow I am leaving for Kenya, I felt that now was the right time (not to mention I’ve been waiting to use this since before I left. Sad, maybe…).

Bob, Chris, and I are all meeting up in Kenya to explore more of the beautiful continent of Africa and more of our universal Church. Not to mention finally seeing some stereotypical African animals.

After this Bob and Chris will head home to America while I will remain here to hold down the fort, so to speak. I will go back to the mission in Liberia for another three weeks since I started my assignment later than the other two. So, you know what that means...I will plow on with this blog after the 28th without the additions of my brother. For better or worse, you will continue to get updates until I return home August 18th.

I’m not sure of our internet access for this next week in Kenya, so I apologize if there is a short hiatus. But get excited, and prepare yourselves for some sweet pictures when we continue!

It’s gonna take a lot to drag me away from you.
There’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do.
I bless the rains down in Africa!

-Dan
written 07/19/11

2 comments:

  1. Christina GauthreauxJuly 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM

    Haha the Lodge woke up to this song a couple weeks ago and sometimes it'll pop into my head whenever someone mentions that you're still in Africa, I'm glad you used it! If you encounter a large, upset animal I would suggest that you remember that you're not at Sea world and that you not try to train it like "Shamu"- it might not work out so well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan! You are awesome! :) You and your brother will make great priests.

    ReplyDelete